Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rams are awesome too. I haven't kept them but I've looked into them. I think you can only keep a pair at a time. And I'm pretty sure 2 will fit in a 20g, possibly with some tetras. Some other ram expert might be able to clarify better lol.

I read something yesterday that said you can keep a few Rams as long as it's a species tank which is what I was looking for.

I would suggest a bit more research on compatibility and size before jumping in. As someone says, an ounce of prevention...

I would suggest a bit more research on compatibility and size before jumping in. As someone says, an ounce of prevention...
I know my tank won't be set up until a couple of months but I wanted to hear from that already have Cichlids tanks for some advice.

Thats very good that you're getting your research done early. Preparation is key when starting an aquarium, and you came to the right website lol.

So I was doing more research today and I found this site that said you can have 1 pair of Kribs, 1 pair of butterfly cichlids, 1 pair of Egyptian mouthbrooder, and 4 plecos but I don't think four Plecos would be good so I was thinkinng maybe another pair of another type of Cichlids.
Or
1 pair of Archocentrus sajica,1 pair of convicts and 2 Plecos but again I don't think I would like the pleco so maybe get another pair of different cichlids but I'm not sure.
What do you guys think?
P.S. Both lists were for a 30g tank.

i dont know how much i would trust that site just based off the 4 plecos statement. Even if they were bristlenose or rubber lipped, thats 3 too many imo. Convicts are not a good choice imo, especially if you want to have more than just them in the tank. They reproduce like rabbits, and you'd have to figure out something to do with the fry, as well as the aggression they would show towards tankmates when theyre doin their thing...

Cichlids - Apistogramma click this link and look under the SB section says fish of this speices are peaceful and shy, i think your best bet with a 30g tank would be some shell dewlers, i like Rams, only draw back on them is that alot of people i have seen on this forum have been having them die off rather easily. Good luck with you new adventure

Back
Top Bottom