Clearseal tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, i have a 30x12x15 clearseal tank which at the minute is very poorly lit with one "tropical plant" t8 tube housed in a cheap plastic hood. im looking to upgrade my lighting as it is very dull, although my plants are growing well it is very dark and overshadowed. looking at options i seem quite limited i cant fit another tube in under my hood (i dont think) id like a set up which incorperated good light for the day time and a moonlight strip, for night time viewing. i was thinking getting a glass hood (as my fish can jump) and getting an over tank light unit which had room for a few fittings but the prices seem a little out of this world and ive been told that glass hoods are high maintenance. ive found one on ebay for just over £100 but it the sizes are wrong, theres one that is 60cm to fit tanks upto 63cm and the next one is 90cm to fit tanks to 93cm... mine is 70cm and without physically looking to see how they can be adjusted i dont want to pay the money for something that may not fit. can anyone suggest a brand/store or setup which might improve my current lighting.

ill post some pics on my fone in follow up message

thanks for any suggestions

Back
Top Bottom