Clouds forever??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jshades2734

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys i just started my 20 gallon and i have bacterial bloom. Its been 5 days ive done a water change and nothings changed. I checked my chemistry and it was normal. No fish are in the tank. Can anyone help me?

Josh B.

Hey guys i just started my 20 gallon and i have bacterial bloom. Its been 5 days ive done a water change and nothings changed. I checked my chemistry and it was normal. No fish are in the tank. Can anyone help me?

Josh B.

You don't need to do water changes. It will go away on its own :) just wait a couple more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are you sure its bacterial? Green water can appear to be a bacterial bloom at the start.

Take some of the water in a white cup. You should be able to see a green tint if its green water.

No its def bacteria. Ive been waiting so long!! Its as if its never gunna clear up and i dont want to have to empty the tank and start over!!

Josh B.

Don't do more water changes that will only feed the bacteria. Maybe you'll have to rinse everything in hot water and take everything out. Not sure what else can treat it, I use uv filter but some on here aren't too keen on it.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure on everything but I do know water changes will give the bacteria fresh material to grow in.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are there fish in the tank? Or is this a fishless cycle?

Fishless

Josh B.

Ok :) yeah just be patient one day you will wake up to no cloudiness and a ton of nitrate. I know others have said no water changes but you can do a small one once a week so your not trying to remove 140ppm of nitrate when your cycle is over all at once. 10% ish.

Back
Top Bottom