Cloudy tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

probinson24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 65 litre tank with 6 adult guppies and 8 fry with mosses. The water went cloudy during cycling, but cleared up. The tank has gone cloudy again. Is it safe to add tetra crystal water to the tank?I want the fry to survive.

Also i have a second tank that is already all cycled water checked and good. I went to the LFS today to get some fresh water shrimp and they were £7.50 each! This seemed a little expensive or am i being cheap?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I have a 65 litre tank with 6 adult guppies and 8 fry with mosses. The water went cloudy during cycling, but cleared up. The tank has gone cloudy again. Is it safe to add tetra crystal water to the tank?I want the fry to survive.

Also i have a second tank that is already all cycled water checked and good. I went to the LFS today to get some fresh water shrimp and they were £7.50 each! This seemed a little expensive or am i being cheap?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

it is completely normal for a cycling tank to be cloudy this is due to a beneficial bacteria bloom no need to add any chemicals it will pass soon

What kind of shrimp are they? Cherry shrimp here are $3.99 and ghost shrimp are $0.29
Also, test your water. Doing water changes regularly will keep it healthy. The bacterial bloom is good and will most likely go away on it's own in a few days/weeks. The cloudy will not hurt the fry, but you want to make sure your ammonia and nitrites stay are 0 or very close, because that will hurt the fry. WC will help keep it low until you bacteria catch up. You can put panty hose over the hose if you are worried about sucking up the fry on accident :)

Thank you both for the advice. I shall leave it keep checking the water make sure everything is where it should be.

The shrimp on sale were red and white or bumble bee shrimp. But 3.99 seems more reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom