Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Cloudy water!

Hey all,

My 5g tank finished cycling last week and I put in a beautiful betta. Hes been doing great, all levels have been holding strong.

This morning I woke up to a cloudy tank! The water which used to be clear, is now not! I was planning on doing a water change today, so I did, but decided to do a bigger one (50%). I washed the filter material in the tank water, and put it back in. Sucked up as much stuff on my sand as I could before the water got too low. After adding the water back as slow as I could, the water looks even more cloudy! Could this be an algae bloom?

I have an active sponge filter from angels that I used to seed the tank, and as was suggested, since I could only use a little part, I put the rest of the sponge inside the tank. Should I remove it now? Could this be causing the cloudiness, since theres no air running through it?

Heres a picture:

vs

Old 03-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd say its a bacterial bloom, if you're confident that your filter is fully seeded, then yes try removing the rest of the sponge from the tank. This is just my opinion tho, I'm always learning :P

Tags
cloud, cloudy, cloudy water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com