cloudy water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i used fluval stratum substrate, i rinsed it for about 1.5-2 hrs. and it was clear when i stopped rinsing.
i then put it in my tank and added water.
it was really dark and murking, couldnt see through the whole tank.
will this go away?
if not will water changes do the trick?
will it harm fish in the mean time?
theyre in bags in the water right now i needed to make sure whether or not its safe first.

so i used fluval stratum substrate, i rinsed it for about 1.5-2 hrs. and it was clear when i stopped rinsing.
i then put it in my tank and added water.
it was really dark and murking, couldnt see through the whole tank.
will this go away?
if not will water changes do the trick?
will it harm fish in the mean time?
theyre in bags in the water right now i needed to make sure whether or not its safe first.
New tank? Cycled tank or not? Did you use other filter media from a cycled tank?
More details please!:)

its been cycled about a year old. but i just now moved to the black substrate from fluval. ive heard it just needs to settle but i dont want it to harm my fish now.
the filters and everything all have been going for awhile

its been cycled about a year old. but i just now moved to the black substrate from fluval. ive heard it just needs to settle but i dont want it to harm my fish now.
the filters and everything all have been going for awhile
Wait, did you change the filter media?

No, should I do that???
No. Now this cloudy water is probably a bacterial bloom. This is a sudden increase of bacteria, and it becomes visible to the eye.
You might have over fed, or something of the sort. It is nothing to worry about. Lower you're feeding, and often water changes should control the situation.

Okay I'll do that! Shouldn't harm the fish right?
Thanks for the advice!

No it doesn't, but the water quality parameters will.
Monitor the ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate To make sure nothing is wrong:)

Thanks I did a little water change put in some stress coat all is well :)

ForumRunner_20130122_233025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom