Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, let's recap because this is a long drawn out thread.

1. You have cloudy water
2. The cloudy water is white as opposed to green.
3. You run purigen in the tank.
4. Cloudiness comes back after a water change.
5. Algaefix didn't work.

Have you tried taking a clear glass of the water out of the tank and let it sit overnight? If it clears up after than its microbubbles. If its still white cloudy water than its bacterial. Algae blooms causing cloudy water are always green.

I've seen much longer threads my friend!
Recap....
1. Initially I did believe it was a bacterial bloom, however if you follow this long thread you will see I did check the water color and have concluded it to be green.2. I also mentioned in the thread that my filter is turning green, that the algaefix killed my fish but did not clear up the water.
3. I also did try the clear glass trick overnight and it never cleared up and was more green than white.
I did try a product by SeaChem called Clarity and it cleared the water right up, however within a day or so it was cloudy again.
So I think what I am trying to figure out is exactly what is going on here. I've tried everything that has been suggested but nothing seems to work. I am going to try the blackout this week, although I did run the tank with no lights on for a few days and that didn't help. Thanks for the help

I've seen much longer threads my friend!
Recap....
1. Initially I did believe it was a bacterial bloom, however if you follow this long thread you will see I did check the water color and have concluded it to be green.2. I also mentioned in the thread that my filter is turning green, that the algaefix killed my fish but did not clear up the water.
3. I also did try the clear glass trick overnight and it never cleared up and was more green than white.
I did try a product by SeaChem called Clarity and it cleared the water right up, however within a day or so it was cloudy again.
So I think what I am trying to figure out is exactly what is going on here. I've tried everything that has been suggested but nothing seems to work. I am going to try the blackout this week, although I did run the tank with no lights on for a few days and that didn't help. Thanks for the help

Algae will use the natural daylight within the room i believe. Thats why you completly cover the tank. Im not saying this will work but its worth a try. It certainly wont kill fish like your chemical additives have

Back
Top Bottom