Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie100

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i decided to get a new Aquarium and do it rite.
I had cycled using Ammonia and was testing using an API master test kit.
A month in and all 3 stages where done and cycling nicely. I did a 75% water change and since water has remained ridic cloudy
PLEASE HELP:banghead::banghead::banghead::

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 68
could be a bacterial bloom. It's not a big deal and will usually clear up on it's own in a day or two.

Thats what i thought but been like it for about 10 days now

Ok, looking closer at your picture, are you starting to get algae growth on your glass? Could it be an algae bloom? What have you tried to get rid of it, water changes?

Dont think its algae as its milky and glass is still clean. I left for a dew days in cause went away on its own. I used gravel vac when doing water changes to remove waste etc. i did rinse out my filter foam but when i did it was coverd in white stuff which weird cos thought be green/ brownish. I did this in old water while doing water change. Last ditch attempt is i have bought Bacteria Balls so thought see if more bacteria may clear up. Unless anything else i can do????

I think the best thing you could do is to repost this question on the main forum. :) It will get way more views and there are people much more knowledgeable than I that can help you.

Quick question, did you change your filter pads or forget to use your water conditioner? It definetly is a bb bloom because you have upset them. It's normal and most disappear after a week or 2

I used to have cloudy water in a 10 gallon that had been fully cycled and I kept doing water changes and got frustrated and when I stopped changing the water so much it got better.

so 75 percent water change may have been a bit much, my advice would've been to wait it out.

I used to have cloudy water in a 10 gallon that had been fully cycled and I kept doing water changes and got frustrated and when I stopped changing the water so much it got better.

You still need to do your weekly water changes no matter what. Like the op, that looks like a bacterial bloom which happens and waterchanges won't fix that much

if ya can't wait then get the chemicals, but they would require another water change, but I would recommend keeping your bacteria I had fish in my 10 when it was cloudy and they lived through it.

if ya can't wait then get the chemicals, but they would require another water change, but I would recommend keeping your bacteria I had fish in my 10 when it was cloudy and they lived through it.

What do you mean? What chemicals?

If you rinsed your filter foam in tap water or didn't dechlorinate new water then that is why you tank is cloudy.

Thanks for all the advice . Much appreciated
The foam in filter was to course so wrapped with finner stuff. And now crystal clear

Back
Top Bottom