Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also... Don't know if it's relevant, but where I'm losing water do to evaporation .... I'm noticing a white residue on the glass. Could my problem be high calcium in the water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I mean I added aqua safe, but does it do **** for calcium?

Probably. You could just clean out the filter if you want... You should be good to go now. :)

Ill let ya know in a couple days if it fixed it lol

Did a 90% wc and it seems its still just as bad. Idk, i think i see small particles in the water. To small to get out. Not bits of dirt.

Attachments

• 1406599231170.jpg
    1406599231170.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 36
Try not changing any water (bc you haven't started you cycle or added fish) and add a polishing pad to the filter, this should take out the little particle you are seeing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im not finding a pad for a tetra filter. Any ideas? Btw my filter has very little room in font of the carbon bag and black(what i assume is the filter thats supposed to hold bacteria) filter

You could cut one down, remove the carbon and let the pad do it's job since you have nothing in there. :)

Not nothing, theres a carbon filled bio bag in there.

But that being said, what if it is calcium? That means with every water change I will need this polishing pad ...

Back
Top Bottom