Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sloater

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 44 gallon hexagon tank been running for about 3 weeks now and I can't seem to get the cloudiness to go away filters doing fine I have been doing 50% water changes twice a week still cloudy any suggestions and I've also only been feeding every other day for now

I believe you are experiencing the typical new tank algae bloom. It will eventually go away when your extreme water parameters stablize after the cycling process. Don't panic, just continue with your regular tank maintenence.

What you can also do is put in some aqua clear. It is sold at most stores and is very helpful. If you follow the directions on the bottle, it should clear up

If the cloudiness seems to have a green tint, it is probably an algae bloom, like user up there said! My suggestion is leaving the tank lights off for a day or two, covering the tank to provide minimal light (even room light preferrably), and it should be gone within a couple days. Any plants in there shouldn't suffer too much from this small period; also make sure to not feed (or feed minimally) for the period. Always works for me, so worth a shot!

I get those every time I put in fertilizer for my plants. It happens to the best of us, a small algae bloom isn't harmful, just displeasing to the eye.

Back
Top Bottom