Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SolusUmbra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have had my tank (5gals) up and running now for a couple of days, slowly adding stuff here and there, but no fish yet. I added some fish food to help get the cycle started and over the last couple of days the water has gotten very cloudy, I read that this can be normal but I thought I would seek other advice. Should I leave it be or give it a half water change?
img_0393.jpg
EsPnA9

With no fish you can just leave it.
Do you have a test kit to check ammonia , nitrites and nitrates so you will know when the tank is cycled? It could take a month....

I don't have a kit, sadly if I don't get fish in the next 2 weeks I'm out of luck ......

beta, tetra, and guppies. And yes I do remember you can't put a male betta with guppies. Can't remember the rule with the famale betta.

If you didn't rinse the filter pad with the carbon out that might be the problem. You can do water change just to have it cycling better for the filter to breath and have less toxic build up. And with the kinda fish you want they will do fine in a tank that's not cycled. They will cycle it for you. Just keep up on the water changes if you get them before cycled.

That's way too many fish for a five gallon, I'd stick with just a betta in a tank that small

Bettas cant be with guppies and tetras pose a threat due to fin nipping

Back
Top Bottom