Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-20-2018, 01:22 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Angellove78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hart,mi.
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrasyuk View Post
I'm not quite sure why are you bringing the biologists up then if you don't need their advice

Chances are OP who posted half a year ago resolved this issue in some way by now, but others looking for solution might be reading this. your suggestion of "I too have a cloudy water" sounded as if you saying it's a normal thing. It is not normal, it's a sign of a problem. I am not sure why you chose to disregard your problem let alone suggest others to disregard as well.
It is diffently a problem. I've had cloudy tank a few times, and I fix what ever I did or didn't do a.s.a.p. you gotta pin point the problem. I never had a so call "bacteria bloom" in my tank. The biggest reason some have it is because the filter is not big enough, not doing water changes as needed, over feeding.... The list goes on, and on. I didn't rise my polishing filter pad when I changed it one time, which caused white dusty particles to cloud my tank. I let the filter run for 1/2 an hour then shut it down cleaned the filter (canister) and did a 50-60% water change. Then did another 30% a little later. Cleared it up. Point is, it's a problem for the fish. Yes, it will usually clear up on its own. But it takes time for the filter to filter it all to clear it up.
__________________

__________________
Angellove78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
It is diffently a problem. I've had cloudy tank a few times, and I fix what ever I did or didn't do a.s.a.p. you gotta pin point the problem. I never had a so call "bacteria bloom" in my tank. The biggest reason some have it is because the filter is not big enough, not doing water changes as needed, over feeding.... The list goes on, and on. I didn't rise my polishing filter pad when I changed it one time, which caused white dusty particles to cloud my tank. I let the filter run for 1/2 an hour then shut it down cleaned the filter (canister) and did a 50-60% water change. Then did another 30% a little later. Cleared it up. Point is, it's a problem for the fish. Yes, it will usually clear up on its own. But it takes time for the filter to filter it all to clear it up.
I just bought a Marineland Penguin BioWheel filter that is 350 gph (much stronger than my Aqueon), and will be used in my current tank until I get the bigger one. My current power filter is weak, inefficient and can't handle the bio load. The bacteria bloom is lessening but slowly. Very slowly.
__________________

__________________
twopurringcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Angellove78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hart,mi.
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopurringcats View Post
I just bought a Marineland Penguin BioWheel filter that is 350 gph (much stronger than my Aqueon), and will be used in my current tank until I get the bigger one. My current power filter is weak, inefficient and can't handle the bio load. The bacteria bloom is lessening but slowly. Very slowly.
To help the filter out you can do water changes.
__________________
Angellove78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
To help the filter out you can do water changes.
Absolutely. I do 3 gallons twice a week already. Maybe I'll bump it up to 3x a week.
__________________
twopurringcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
King Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopurringcats View Post
Absolutely. I do 3 gallons twice a week already. Maybe I'll bump it up to 3x a week.
Or do 50% water changes twice a week minimum.
__________________
King Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fisher View Post
Or do 50% water changes twice a week minimum.
I just got my Marineland filter and set it up. That bad boy is running in the tank now. Its only been on an hour and the water is already a bit less cloudy! I left the other, weaker power filter running, too. And the sponge filter will stay. All this plus bigger water changes will be good until I buy a big tank and move it all over there.
__________________

__________________
twopurringcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ate, cloud, cloudy, cloudy water, loud, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cloudy Aquarium becoming even more cloudy?! Preston019 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 10-13-2012 12:52 PM
Cloudy water after 75% water change help? milliemara Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 6 06-25-2012 08:46 AM
Cloudy cloudy cloudy madhatter208 Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 9 06-13-2007 01:28 AM
Help! We have cloudy water and nothing seems to help! Talia114 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 4 03-23-2006 03:44 PM
do bloodworms cause 'cloudy water' ??? my water is cloudy Bubble_B0y Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 5 10-23-2005 06:54 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.