Cloudy water while fishless cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittanykluss

Aquarium Advice Freak
What causes this?

n3ri83.jpg

Well yesterday it wasnt cloudy at all, I just set the tank up yesterday I did use a capful of Stability like it says too on the bottle, and today I did about half a capful like it says too. I dont think its from that though because after I poured it in I never noticed it getting cloudy. I also use stability on a 5 gallon tank that I have been cycling as well and its crystal clear.

brittanykluss said:
Well yesterday it wasnt cloudy at all, I just set the tank up yesterday I did use a capful of Stability like it says too on the bottle, and today I did about half a capful like it says too. I dont think its from that though because after I poured it in I never noticed it getting cloudy. I also use stability on a 5 gallon tank that I have been cycling as well and its crystal clear.

Do you know about fishless cycling? This takes up to 4-6 weeks to do and is very easy.

brittanykluss said:

it's very possible that the stability has something to do with it because of its ingredients, facultative bacteria comes to mind.

I'm gonna let jeta handle this one, haha! :)

Only thing I'll add though...this link (which I included in your Stability thread) covers cloudy water from a bacterial bloom and explains exactly what jetajockey is mentioning. An interesting point it makes that I didn't know is that it claims the bloom actually inhibits the true nitrifiers from colonizing since it severely depletes the o2 in the tank.
http://www.oscarfish.com/article-home/water/72-heterotrophic-bacteria.html

I'm gonna let jeta handle this one, haha! :)

Only thing I'll add though...this link (which I included in your Stability thread) covers cloudy water from a bacterial bloom and explains exactly what jetajockey is mentioning. An interesting point it makes that I didn't know is that it claims the bloom actually inhibits the true nitrifiers from colonizing since it severely depletes the o2 in the tank.
Heterotrophic Bacteria and Their Practical Application in a Freshwater Tank

So what should I do?

Back
Top Bottom