clown loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chey9204

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just moved up from a 35 gallon tank to a 78 gallon tank. Tank cycled great. used some of the water from the 35 gallon to help. I have 1 bala shark (about 8 inches) 3 gourami's 3 tetras 2 algae eaters. Recently bought 2 clown louches. The first day the clown louches hid in the tank. Afterwards they made their way out and seemed to enjoy their new home. But now they are in hiding again and I have not seen them in 2 days. I use sand and don't want to tear up the tank looking for them and stress everyone out any suggestions? Is this typical behavior ?

you need at least 3 if not more for them to be comfortable but your tank is too small for them long term.

Minimum Tank Size: 100 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Water Conditions: 72-86° F, KH 8-12, pH 6.0-7.5
Max. Size: 1'
Color Form: Black, Orange, Red, Tan
Diet: Omnivore
Origin: Indonesia
Family: Cobitidae

I just moved up from a 35 gallon tank to a 78 gallon tank. Tank cycled great. used some of the water from the 35 gallon to help. I have 1 bala shark (about 8 inches) 3 gourami's 3 tetras 2 algae eaters. Recently bought 2 clown louches. The first day the clown louches hid in the tank. Afterwards they made their way out and seemed to enjoy their new home. But now they are in hiding again and I have not seen them in 2 days. I use sand and don't want to tear up the tank looking for them and stress everyone out any suggestions? Is this typical behavior ?

Do you test the tank parameters? If so what with? How long did you cycle the tank for? Was it fish less or fish-in? Tank water doesn't cycle a tank btw. To help, filters, substrrate and decor all have some BB which would of helped cycle the tank.I'm sorry but the bala shark will outgrow the tank.as well the clown loaches. I wouldn't add anymore since it's already overstocked :)

Back
Top Bottom