Cobwebs!! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJF

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, recently set up a small tank in my kitchen for Borus my male betta. Had tank running for 3 weeks before I got him, everything fine....then I put borus in and after a few days what I can only describe as cobwebs started appearing on all the ornaments and gravel. (Possibly from shop tank am yet to go back and nosey in their tanks) Have done my best to dust them off to let filter get them, this is working (slightly) but still keep reappearing. Borus is still active enough, feeding well and still having his daily square go with the sticker on my filter lol. Have tried doing a bit of research on web and from others experience these wee cobwebs aren't friendly. Really want to put Borus in a bowl and clean tank but don't want to stress him out as he hasn't even been home a wk yet!! Have ordered indian almond leaves, will these help smooth things out? Someone help!!

From what you describe it sounds like fungus.

Usually it grows from decomposing organic life (a bug for example) or from left over foods rotting in the tank.

Can you grab a pic?

They are just under red bit of rock to the right? Not best pic but had already 'dusted' them this morning

image-2813185361.jpg

Yeh I shall resist the urge to dust them off today n see if they sprout up bad again

Back
Top Bottom