Community Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbieR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 64 litre aquarium. What would be the best fish to add for a peaceful community?

Hi and welcome to AA!

Is this a brand new tank? Has it been cycled (letting it run for a week doesn't properly cycle it regardless of what the fish stores may say). First thing you'll want to read up on cycling; the easier way is to cycle the tank properly before getting fish. The link in my signature: 'new empty tank' will guide you through it. If you get fish before the tank is properly cycled you'll be cycling with fish (called a fish-in cycle; it's the link in my signature called 'new tank with fish') and doing daily water changes for 4-6 weeks to keep your fish alive from the toxins.

Your tank is about 16 gals which is not a bad size so you have some options. Do you like any fish in particular? My advice would be to start fishless cyling (the guide will help you) and in the meantime research fish you may want and ask here for proper stocking for your size tank and fish compatibility. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom