Compatibility advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kmtermini

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a gouarmi that will be going into a 20 gallon long tank...
He (or she) is a goldie and about 4 inches long
I have my heart set on adding a couple of african dwarf frogs
Would like to know what else will be compatible...
So far i like, guppies, frontosa, demasoni cichlid, and otto cat...
I figured the otto cat is a good maintenance fish...

Which of those other ones will be good w the gourami AND frogs....

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

First of all, I wouldn't recommend one of the larger gourami species in a 20 gallon.

Dwarf frogs should be fine, they prefer sand which won't hurt their soft stomachs.

I personally wouldn't recommend guppies. They might be cute, and flashy, and all the beginners have them, but I honestly have had no luck with them and they just seem like kind of dumb fish to me. I'm truly sorry to anyone who likes guppies if this offended you.

Frontosa and demasoni no way.

Ottos would be good but they need a school of at least 6 to be happy.

First of all, I wouldn't recommend one of the larger gourami species in a 20 gallon.

Dwarf frogs should be fine, they prefer sand which won't hurt their soft stomachs.

I personally wouldn't recommend guppies. They might be cute, and flashy, and all the beginners have them, but I honestly have had no luck with them and they just seem like kind of dumb fish to me. I'm truly sorry to anyone who likes guppies if this offended you.

Frontosa and demasoni no way.

Ottos would be good but they need a school of at least 6 to be happy.

Personally if water changes are maintained I think the gourami can be done.

Agree on the sand, when I had some they loved it.

I'm not a huge fan of guppies either but they are a nice colorful fish that's pretty active. Just make sure you get all of one sex or you will have a baby explosion.

No no and no cichlids. Look up a full size frontosa.... They need very large tanks.

Otos are good but can be sensitive and need some algae to graze on. Letting the tank establish for a few months before getting them will have a much better success rate with them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Frontosa gets over 1ft, not to mention they are not cheap. Demasoni also get too big for a 20g and are extremely aggressive as well. Mine is the smallest fish in my African tank and kicks butt any time someone enters "HIS" domain. I have no other input, especially if you're wanting ADF's which I have no experience with.

Back
Top Bottom