Compatibility question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NjFabianoWNY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I've have a pretty successful 46 gallon semi aggressive community tank for a while.

So about a month ago I set up a brand new 75 gallon long with the tentative intentions of housing african cichlids....since then I've changed plans about 5 times.

I keep doing endless amounts of research and it's hard to get answers on compatibility unless you give someone exact examples.

My hopes are to house 5-10 larger fish rather than more smaller fish.

My question is this...

After reading the following list can any of you tell me if this combination of fish could work in my 75, and if so, which of the follow can I have more than 1 of.

Electric Blue Jack Dempsey

Green Terror

Firemouth

Elliotti fish

5 tiger barbs (these would be my cycling fish. If they wouldn't work, what fish should I use to start and cycle?)

Granted, I kno personality of fish can vary, but generally could these species work together, and how many of each could I have in my slate rock decorated 75 gallon long?

Any other suggestions of combinations are appreciated.

I want big, color, and variation!

Thanks, I'm sick of my empty tank!

Just FYI, please don't post the same question on 3 different threads. It gets confusing. I know you want a variety of opinions.

This is one of the Forum rules
"Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum."

I'm not an expert on the more aggressive/larger fish...so I will bow out and wish you good luck on your aquarium adventure [emoji106]

Happy New Year.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. Just last 2 times I've posted good questions in one section....I've got like no responses. So was thinking maybe I wasn't posting in the correct places.
Just wanted answers.

I don't really know much about larger fish, but maybe you can PM some people that do and ask if they can checkout your thread.

Fishobsessed7

I would not mix meeki and maculipinnis I would think you could do 5 or 6 of either but not both. A green terror will most likely terrorize either of those 2.
And if I went with the EBJD I wouldn't even think of tank mates (too much stress unless you can find an adult) Maybe 4 maculipinnis and something mild like a severum or maronii. Just my 2c

Back
Top Bottom