Compatible companions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derail

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so here's what's up. I've recently started a 30 gallon aquarium (no live plants yet, which I'll get to later), with three Molly's (two now that one unfortunately succumbed to either swim bladder disease or plain exhaustion from giving birth), two guppies and a ghost shrimp and CAE (which I will be moving to another tank when he gets older and aggressive).
I'm curious as to what you guys think I could use as a compatible fish for the Molly's, since they do best in a slightly brackish aquarium. I've prepared another tank for the guppies, since all the reading I've been doing indicates they're not compatible with Molly's in short because molly's are larger and a little more aggressive (on the male side). I know that cory's will not work (as much as I love them) since they aren't brackish and don't do so well with salt.
Any tips will be highly appreciated.
(Oh, and I know most plants don't like brackish water so ideas for plants would be awesome too!).
Thanks for an epic site and all the great information here again!

In my brackish tank I have java fern (will DEFINITELY grow in bw), wisteria, and blyxa (which may or may not work, depending on how they're acclimated)
As for tankmates you could try knight gobies, Celebes rainbows, or Indian glass fish.

Back
Top Bottom