Complete Newbie when it comes to fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shadow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm in need of some information. I'm looking for an aquarium to place on a bar so i was thinking probably a 10 Gallon tank my next question would be what to put in it i'm wanting something with some color like molly's and neon's but not sure what else would be good for it nor how many fish a 10 gallon would hold.

Thanks for the help

I think you could get 10-12 neon tetras in that tank. Then you could get two ottos for clean up. That would make a nice tank.

Well like i said i'm completely new to this so i'm not really sure i was thinking of buying one of those starter kits from like Walmart or Petco

First, go to the bookstore, library, or fish store, buy a book for beginer fish keepers. we can help, but you need to do research on your own first, get down the basics, then you will be more knowledgable and confident in fish keeping. get a book published in the last 3-5 years, anything older will be way outdated.

Honest, no offense, but thats the best way to start, after all we cant give you all the info you'd get in a book on a message board! Do some reading first, then buy the equipment. It will save you much grief in the long run!

shadow, something to think about after you read...water is heavy, about 8 lbs to the gallon or so, and gravel is heavy, your bar steady i hope?

Back
Top Bottom