Concerns for my 5G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BRAVO30626

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Me and my girlfriend have set up a 5 gallon tank for African dwarf frogs (3) and maybe some rasboras

We're using sand for the substrate (most recommended)
Also after some research ADF's are not a big fan of current, so I crafted a baffle for the filter that works fantastically.

My question is in a 5 gallon with 3 ADF's and a few rasboras will I need a bubbler for oxygen?
With the baffle on the filter the water coming out of the filter doesn't hit hard enough to produce bubbles (or a current)

I'm assuming I'll need a bubbler, but what do you guys suggest I use?
I don't want the bubbles to stir up the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also I'm considering just having the 3 frogs by themselves without any other fish.
Lemme know what you guys think.

ADF will come take air from the surface from time to time anyway.

I think it will be fine, you could run a sponge filter instead of just an air stone. runs off the same pump and bubbles are directed upwards out the top only.

Caleb

I agree with Caleb. Since they don't have gills you should be fine. I would personally leave them by themselves because of the way they eat. They have very poor eyesight, making it extremely hard for them to find food. When you add another variable, like a fish that out competes them for food, it will be hard for them to get anything at all. Sounds like you're doing good though!

Alright thanks guys! I guess I'll do just 3-4 ADF's and no bubbler.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back
Top Bottom