Contrary advice from expert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow thank you for the offer. Unfortunately I'm in Northeast PA. Chicago is a bit far for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just wanted to update. Ive had my goldfish in the 29 bf for around 14 days now. I ended up getting an AC70 filter, a Q1 air pump, and a Current Satellite Freshwater LED + for the new setup. The fish no longer fight, they swim all around the tank, taking rides in the bubbles, and just generally act much happier.
I have no more ammonia issues, although nitrite has been giving me some trouble. But I think I'm almost done with the cycle. Here's a pic of the new tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1407349741242.jpg
    1407349741242.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 1407349858449.jpg
    1407349858449.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 73
Speaking of bigger tanks. I noticed alot of replies saying the 10 gallon is too small and get a bigger tank. I do understand this and found out as soon as I started researching a few weeks ago. I really wish I had time to do the research beforehand. These carnivals and fairs should not be allowed to give out goldfish as prizes. Sure I'm happy I have them now but what about all the people who don't research this stuff and end up killing their fish by putting them in a bowl and not checking levels or anything.

It is always good to have a 5 or 10 gallon around the house for a hospital tank.

Pretty tank btw! They look happy! welcome to the world of owning fish!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom