Cories, BN, or Khulis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cories, khulis, or bristlenose??

• cories

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • coolies

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • bristlenose pleco

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I cant decide wether to get some cories, a bristlenose pleco, or coolies for my future 36g tank.

I have heard that rams can be funny with other fish that occupy the lower levels of the tank, but i have never owned them so I will let someone with ram experience help you out.

That setup will be fine. I think a large school of 1 kind of fish (platy/cardinal/rummynose/etc) would look better than 3 little groups of small fish, though.

Will this tank be heavily planted?

I would say go with the bristlenose pleco. Lots of personality and the males are cute with there whiskers

:thanks:i've heard horror stories of plecos attcking other fish... would a bristlenose do this to any of the fish (especially the slow moving angel) ??

That setup will be fine. I think a large school of 1 kind of fish (platy/cardinal/rummynose/etc) would look better than 3 little groups of small fish, though.

Will this tank be heavily planted?

Im just trying to get the tank to be red white and blue ish...

I would really go with the kuhlis, depending on what your dimensions are, you can add a large group and the are very silly fish, tons if personality

Considering the fact that plecos have high bioloads and the tank will be slightly overstocked, i am now leaning towards khulis, although since cories are winning significantly, I would like to hear someone's opinion who supports that.

Thx,
Fishguy1111

P.S.
will i ever see the khulis like I would cories??

I'd say go with Kuhli loaches. I have always loved them! They will hide a lot though, but I always enjoy when they are out and about. Mine love to go all over the place in the evening when I turn their light off. :) Kuhlis are cuter too!!

Back
Top Bottom