Cory acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CallMeIshmael95

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I just picked up 3 peppered cories from the store. I did all my research on them and everything. However, I can't find how to properly acclimated them (how long, what method). Any help would be appreciated!

One good method would be to use the drip acclimation method (there are videos on youtube). About an hour or 2 using that method is what I've been advised then net the fish into your tank without getting the water they came in into your tank

Most fish don't need a specific acclimation method. The drip method works well for almost any fish, but you can just take some water out of the tank and put it in the bag with the fish, which should be floating in the tank. Do that every 15 minutes to half hour till the bag is full, than take out half the water and repeat. This process should last 3-4 hours for best results, but as long as the process lasts at least about 2 hours for those fish.

I've acclimated them ok. They've grouped up and are fairly active and none of the other fish seem to be picking on them. But I can't really tell if they're eating. I've dropped an algae tablet in there for them but the seem more interested in the flake food my other fish are eating.

I've acclimated them ok. They've grouped up and are fairly active and none of the other fish seem to be picking on them. But I can't really tell if they're eating. I've dropped an algae tablet in there for them but the seem more interested in the flake food my other fish are eating.

Often fish don't eat teh first few days that they are in the tank. My bolivian ram didn't eat for the first 3 days, barely ate for the first week, and didn't start eating well until 2 weeks after I got him. So just wait, they'll come around.

Back
Top Bottom