Cory combinations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Simply want to know if its okay to mix and match cories. I have a 55 gallon and as of now for cories. 3 emerald cories dwarfs

Theres no harm in it... they may even shoal together. I once heard (or read, I forget) that schooling/shoaling fish dont so much look for similar markings such as stripes or polka-dots, but rather similar body shapes.

Im finding this to be somewhat true. My Harlequin Rasboras will sometimes school with my Serpae Tetras. It doesnt happen that often, but it seems more frequent the longer they have been in the same tank.

Hmm that's cool I will be getting me a few more then. Thank you

Sometimes my rummynose and bloodfin tetras all school together. And conman, do you not do anything else? :D
Mudskippers, pregnant platies and swordtails, new tanks, health issues, and now corys! omg!
I meant that in the best way possible though!
:lol:

Nah I have horses dogs rabbits chickens ducks turkeys

I have a mix of peppered, sterbai, Adolfi, schwartzi, leopard, emerald, albino and panda.

They don't seem to have any real preference- they are just happy having a bunch of cruisy Cory buddies to forage with :)

They are all such happy little guys, but albinos seem to be real characters. Lol

Albino and Pygmies have the most personality. I have 20 mixed in 40g and 10 mixed in 27 cube

Mixing Corydoras Species

Simply want to know if its okay to mix and match cories. I have a 55 gallon and as of now for cories. 3 emerald cories dwarfs

Hello Con...

I keep more than one species of Corydoras in the same tank. I tend to keep the smaller species and the larger separated, but I don't really think it matters. They're all very peaceful fish.

B

Back
Top Bottom