Could anyone listen too my setup and tell me what you think...? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quinn808

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so i recently just bought a 10-15 gallon tank im not sure exact but the dimensions are 48x30x30 cm so it aint that big... but i was looking too have a fresh water planted tank and i was wondering if my grow light that i have would work. The light i have is (2) 14 watt 6500k t5 fluorescent bulbs. i was wondering if this would at least provide moderate lighting for my tank. Also i was wondering about adding a pleco and yes i know they grow fast but i can just remove it from my tank when it gets too big, its really easy for me because there is a spot near my house that i can catch them from so with that being said what do you think about having a pleco?

Please leave some feedback thank you. :thanks:

With that lighting you would be in the low light plant range so like java fern and java moss and anubias....and as for the pleco I would say no because that tank is to small even if you do plan on reforming it when it gets bigger

With that lighting you would be in the low light plant range so like java fern and java moss and anubias....and as for the pleco I would say no because that tank is to small even if you do plan on reforming it when it gets bigger

Alright and umm ive been recommended too check out OTTOS for maybe a smaller algae eater. What do you think about that?

No plecos in that size tank. Ottos would be good, I don't think know of many other small algae eaters. I would definitely get ottos for that size tank. Speaking of size, the tank is about 11.5 gallons.

No plecos in that size tank. Ottos would be good, I don't think know of many other small algae eaters. I would definitely get ottos for that size tank. Speaking of size, the tank is about 11.5 gallons.

Ok and how many ottos? because i also want other fish and stuff...

Ottos would be good you could do two or three and they should be good

Not sure if its just my bunch or if all do it but my otos ate all my plants and left me with stems ... but it could just be my weird luck bc even my cories ate the plants

They don't normally eat plants unless they are dead or dying and there isn't any algae

Otocinclus should only be added in a established aquarium, with enough algae to support their dietary requirements. Please don't do the Chinese algae eater. When they mature they can get aggressive.

Otocinclus should only be added in a established aquarium, with enough algae to support their dietary requirements. Please don't do the Chinese algae eater. When they mature they can get aggressive.

+1 I agree with the Chinese algae eaters they do get aggresive when they get older and yah wait until there is plenty of algae for them to eat

Ok so i recently just bought a 10-15 gallon tank im not sure exact but the dimensions are 48x30x30 cm so it aint that big... but i was looking too have a fresh water planted tank and i was wondering if my grow light that i have would work. The light i have is (2) 14 watt 6500k t5 fluorescent bulbs. i was wondering if this would at least provide moderate lighting for my tank. Also i was wondering about adding a pleco and yes i know they grow fast but i can just remove it from my tank when it gets too big, its really easy for me because there is a spot near my house that i can catch them from so with that being said what do you think about having a pleco?

Please leave some feedback thank you. :thanks:

What sort of pleco are you able to catch locally?
I know someone with the same size tank as you have- I give her a couple of bristlenose fry, and when they get to 3" or so, she sells them to the LFS and I give her a couple of new fry.
Unless you can do something like that I wouldn't add a pleco..
CAE are horrible fish- they terrorise the other fish at night while they are sleeping.
They should be renamed: Chinese Slime Coat Eaters.
Ottos are lovely, but as has already been said- you can't put them in a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom