Could I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a 4gallon tank setup for over month, it currently homes a male RT betta and I was just wondering whether I could possibly squeeze an oto in there. I know 4 gallons is small but as my light is on for over 14 hours a day there is a lot of algae growing on my plants and on the tank, I know it would be easy to clean the tank but taking the plants out and then re-anchoring them is a nightmare so I would appreciate a little help lol

What do you all think?

If you go to school or work, you can turn the lights off then, (I think the recommended is 8-12 hours). Depending on the algae and the betta, shrimp might work as well (amano, red cherry shrimp)

Snails if you're not too grossed out by them or a pet razorblade will keep your tank algae free.

I have three apple snails and they just don't clean nothing lol and im too nervous to put my cherry shrimp in with my betta lol

I'm just going to have to stop being lazy and clean the plants manually I guess lol

I have had a 4gallon tank setup for over month, it currently homes a male RT betta and I was just wondering whether I could possibly squeeze an oto in there. I know 4 gallons is small but as my light is on for over 14 hours a day there is a lot of algae growing on my plants and on the tank, I know it would be easy to clean the tank but taking the plants out and then re-anchoring them is a nightmare so I would appreciate a little help lol

What do you all think?

You have live plants in there? They do need lighting, personally I'm happy with fake plants which means I only have the tank lighting on at times when I'm likely to be at home. At the moment that means the lights come on at 5pm and offf at 10pm, so just 5 hours a day, and it does make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom