Crashed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bozilla612

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a. 240gl tank and had a Amiricle wet dry filter running the filtration. Since I bought the whole system on craiglist it came with no instructions on how to use the filter. After awhile I noticed the water kinda turning yellowish. I replaced the filter with a fluval fx6 1500liter. In 1 day my water went cloudy and all my fish began to surface to gulp air. Overbite 95percent(14 outa 16) died. The last ones still are gasping for air... What am I doing that killed my fish? Don't want this issue to happen agin

Did you move the filter media from the old filter to the new?

If not, there is a very good chance your tank is not cycled. Do you know about the nitrogen cycle? Do you have a way to test your water for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Sounds to me like you started with a completely new filter that hadn't been cycled.

What fish did you have, and which two are remaining?

Had 6blood parrots, 3 electric blue jacks a regular jack Dempsey and several green terrors. All I have left is a green terror and a electric blue

That's a lot of bioload for a new filter. Did you move your media from the old filter to the new?

Back
Top Bottom