Criticism PLEASE (List for 90 gallon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bullnugget

Aquarium Advice Activist
As soon as I get a stand built for my 90 gallon tank, i will be setting it up with Slate rock, driftwood and nice easy live plants(not sure on which yet) I will be upgrading from my 55. I think i will be using Caribsea Eco complete instead of the Pool filter sand I had originally planned to use. Filtration will be provided by a Penn Plex cascade 1500 canister filter (read these are one of the most popular for a big planted tank, and price wise is perfect!) I am also thinking about setting up a RO filter system. I want some criticism on my list of fish, I have gathered some info and from what people tell me and what I have read the fish should all work together.
8 panda cory (have 1, will get more)
8 julii cory (have 1, will get more)
2 bristlenose pleco (trading a clown pleco for 2 babies when ready)
2 german blue rams (already have)...
8 brilliant rasboras (have 5 now)
8 white cloud minnow
1 angelfish (have it already)
2 dwarf gourami
8 zebra danio
about 30 shrimp, unsure yet on which type

AqAdvisor.com is showing 30% water changes and plenty of filtration. Only warning is the angelfish and rams might eat the shrimp, which if they do no biggie. Other wise temp range is pretty close.

I originaly wanted 8 galaxy rasboras instead of the danios but I keep reading the angelfish may eat them.

When the angel fish mature they may pick off smaller tank mates but other wise that's a pretty good stock

Don't white clouds like the temp a bit cooler then most fish? Especially the rams

The rams no but the white clouds do like cooler waters. So I would not do the white clouds.the rams however are fine

White Cloud Mountain minnows are out if the list, they are cold water fish
Your rams might eat your shrimp
Careful with the angel and gouramis

White Cloud Mountain minnows are out if the list, they are cold water fish Your rams might eat your shrimp Careful with the angel and gouramis
The tanks big enough to give them both enough room to probably never notice each other but if the gourami (or most any fish really) gets any where near its territory it will probably chase it off but since it's a single that probably won't happen.

I was afraid of the minnows being to cold. I kinda like them and I want a top level swimmer. I know killis are top levels and I like those as well but I havnt seen any in person yet. The angelfish is a single and he will stay that way. I have tried more angels with him but he picks on them to death. And with my current stock, also including long fin red minor serpae he does great.

he also did fine with a couple gold gouramis but the male gourami stressed the female to death then died himself not sure why. if the any of then eat the shrimp i will know it wont work but i thought i would try

Back
Top Bottom