Critter to eat baby snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I started over in my ten gallon tank (had a problem and almost everyone passed on) and I'm starting to see the population of baby snails (nuisance snails) to grow in there as it is cycling out. So, what should I do? I have heard that there are types of snails that will eat the babys, so should I go with them? Or should I borrow someone's juvenile cichlid for a bit and let him feast upon the snails? Any ideas?

I've never kept them, but I hear assassin snails will put those nuisance snails in check. Plus, assassin snails look really cool.

If the tank is cycling, it would be unkind to the fish to be in those conditions, even if there was a glut of food for it. Just my opinion.

Sorry, I meant that it the population was growing as it was cycling. I wouldn't endanger a fish in an uncycled tank, especially if it were a friend's. Anyway, I have heard of those, but have no idea where to get them. I guess I will check with my friend that works at an LFS.

What is "mail order"?
And no, I'm not saying I don't trust you. I have just dealt with identity theft before and that was from a reputable site.

Money order? It's a thing you can get from the grocery store or Walmart. It's kind of like a check but doesn't have all of your info on it. You give them cash, they give you the money order, you send the money order. Western Union, Money Gram, etc.
I hope you don't use your debit card at the gas pump! My mom has had someone come in behind her twice this year, and use a card reader to get her numbers. o_O

+1 for the assassin snails. They do a good job.

Money order or cashiers check are safe alternatives. Even a plain old personal check can work if the seller is willing.

Oh! I know what that is. My mother uses Western Union to send money to my family in Europe. Anyway, yea, I could look into that.
He wouldn't hurt my mystery snails, would he? Just as a precaution. It took forever to order them and then finally get them.
And no, I would never use my debit card. I used a credit card actually, so we got the theft alert thing. But, it was still awful clearing it all up.

Even though they are quite large? Oh gosh... I'm not sure what to do then...
Sorry about the stall. I have been away on vacation in the mountains and no one has the internet and I couldn't find anywhere that had wifi. Speaking of, when I returned a few hours ago, there are more baby snails...

Back
Top Bottom