cycle ALMOST done!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is almost cycled and im SOOOO excited. Anywho i have 4 zebra danios, doing very well none died and i was wondering what else you guys thaught would be a good addition to the tank? thanks for all the help

In general zebra danios like more "room to zoom" so to speak, so I don't know if you have in mind to return them in exchange for something else.

There are lots of threads here about stocking a 10-gal, and as I always say it is easy to overdo it. White clouds could work in that size tank, maybe with a betta and a trio of pygmy cory cats, or paleatus since they don't generally get so huge. Or you could get killifish, dwarf puffers, a pair of rams, etc. (not all together, LOL!). Depends on what you like, and whether you will keep the danios.

at first i wanted to return the danios becuase htey were just for the cycle, but the bad part is over the past weeks ive grown very attached to them. They are actualy a very nice fish and when in the right conditions very colorful. I think im going to keep them and get some neon tetras or somthing small like that would 4 danios and 4 neons be ok??

4 neons and 4 danios would be great. I know exactly what you mean about growing attached - I usually have several "oddball" fish that don't seem to go with the theme but I can't bring myself to trade them in!

Get a trio of corys for the bottom and you have a very nice, active tank. So glad your cycle is done - what a feeling! :D

As a future oto owner myself, get some otos. They even have their own website. Seriously. http://www.otocinclus.com

I have one white cloud and two neons, and I think white cloud is more fun to watch and has better temper (Although, I can't say much when I only have one). Also, it's funny that you mentioned that danios are colorful! In the same way, white cloud is indeed colorful if you look at them long enough. I mean, really shiny and colorful, and that even more than a neon.

first off im a little annoyed...about 2 or 3 days ago and about a day after i did a water change (i added dechlorinator) my nitrates were at 20 and today when i tested the water (becuase i was going to get the fish today) they are at only like 5 any one know why?

sorry i forgot to add this but 3 corys and 4 danios and 4 neons arent an overload for the tank its onyl 10 gal?

oh and
amonia is at .25
nitrites is at 0
and well nitrates are at 5 now but were at 20 :evil:

Back
Top Bottom