Cycle done, finally stocked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thepokerkid227

Aquarium Advice Activist
Cycle was 100% done today, did my 90% wc headed to LFS and finally stocked! Got 3 oto's who are already going to town on algae on glass and plants, 4 male guppies 4 female guppies, 1 male lyre tail guppy and one female lyre tail guppy who I got already with a belly full of fry!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390597015.664738.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390597033.048695.jpg

well done! i hope to finish cycling mine this next week. I see you decided not to go with your original stock list ehhh... tank looks nice.

I plan on adding other fish over the next week, probably 2-3 swords and maybe some tetras

Tank looks awesome! What substrate is that and gallon tank? Hopefully I'll start my first cycle on my 55 gallon next weekend. Still have to get some stuff for it.

Otos generally need an established tank as they need an ample food supply in order to survive, some people may even say that a 20gal won't be large enough to grow enough food for em.

Just look out for pinched stomachs and try to give em some algae wafers :)

Tank looks awesome btw!

Looks nice, I love the scape!

I agree on the Otos, and if you have 10 guppies in there then you may not want to add much more unless you are really overfiltered.

Also, I think the ratio is 2 females to 1 male if you are keeping both.

I have half and half, I'll stick with it for now really don't want to get rid of any. I am pushing 200gph for filtration so 10x turnover

Woke up to a dead oto and one of the male guppies, who was also the smallest. All the other fish seem perfectly fine, energetic, and happy. All water parameters are fine:

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Nitrates 20ppm
pH 7.8

As a side note the guppy who died also wasn't eating much. All other fish eating normal. My guess is he just didn't take good to acclimation

Depending on where you buy your fish they may have been sick to begin with. Here at my lfs they have at least one or two dying or dead fish in almost every tank. You gotta think that these fish were shipped in to the fish store in some container, put in to another foreign tank, then carried home probably in some bag and put into another foreign tank. Thats alot of shock. Sometimes they dont all make it. Not to mention disease picked up along the way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom