cycle finished, purchased some fish, now some more questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turbovr6

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,
First I want to say thanks to everyone on this site that helped me get to this point.
I have a 150 gal. tank that just completed it's cycle. Went to the lfs(very good rep.,knowledgeable staff). I came home with 2 blue gorami, 2 gold gorami, and 1 kissing fish. So far so good, they seem happy, healthy and are eating. The lfs told me to wait 2 weeks, test the water and if all is good I can add more fish. My plan here is to add 3 or 4 clown loaches, some synodontis multipunctatus, and 1 big pleco(BIG, I love plecos and cats!!!). I would like some opinions on this please :)

Next comes the question of a general idea of how much and how often should I do water changes. I bought a python to make life easier.

Thanks again.......................

yep a 25 % pwc is best once a week, you can go bi weekly, but i think its safer to just go with weekly so that your levels don't get to high

Congrats on the cycle, and kudos to your lfs for giving good advice! I do 25-50% weekly on my tanks. Bigger tanks are easier to keep clean IMO.

I do 50% weekly. With a python it's really no big deal to do the large changes. lol. Just stick it in there and go watch tv or something. Make sure to set a timer or something so you don't foget about it though

As far as the water change goes, should I add some dechlor during the refill or when I am finished?

Back
Top Bottom