cycle help for new 30 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
day 4 - ok my results were ph 8, ammonia 0.6, ni 0, na 0, temp 21. exactly the same since i started. but to figure out my ammonia there is a graph on the back of my liquid test kit that i cant exactly figure out and my fantail is doing alot better he eat 1 pea and is no longer floating to the top so guys where do i go from here?

Just keep up the daily partial water changes and watch your parameters until your tank cycles. ;)

ok but am i reading the ammonia right?? the graph that came with the kit is uploaded to my gallery check it out. and how many days or weeks do i do the water changes and is it still at 25%? sorry for all the questions

I would say so. As long as the ammonia (and nitrite) does not go past 0.6, you should be fine.

You will need to do a Partial water change any day that your ammonia or nitrite shows up more than 0.6 , so just keep in check of your parameters until your tank is cycled.

It really wouldnt do much to the cycle, but If you like it because of the 'style' it has, get it.

ok i was just told a filter, gravel, or decorations from an established tank have eastablished bacteria witch is good for the cycle i will keep results posted so do i do a partial water change today my results were 0.6 for ammonia day 4 of cycle

An established filter is good for the cycle. It will most likely automatically cycle a tank. If you have find your hands on one (that is rated for your tank), try and get it.

ok tyler can you go into my gallery(pictures) and click on my tank then you will see the back of my ammonia test can you understand it ???

Not really, only the side that says 0, 0.6 , 1.2 , 2.4 , 4.9 , 7.3
I can relate to yours because the API has: 0ppm, 0.25ppm, 0.50ppm, 1.0ppm, 2.0ppm, 4.0ppm, and 8.0ppm (Only more than your chart)

ok thanks thats what i will go with then but my results for today again was
day 5
ph-8.5
am-0.6
ni-0
na-0
temp-21.5 (temp will be different tomorrow as i just added a heater to speed things up)

Back
Top Bottom