cycle report.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i think i started cycling like 4 days ago and i now have 0.5 ppm of nitrites.

i think another wee or 2 ill have fully cycled my tank

krap said:
i think i started cycling like 4 days ago
You THINK or you DID?? Two very different concepts. What are you cycling with? Are you using media from an established tank? Is this the 29 gal for the brichardi?
What is the ammonia reading?

oh this post is really old. last time i checked (b4 i put in another thing of ammonia) it was 0.5 ppm of ammonia and like 5.0 ppm of nitrites.

im using my own method (kinda) every day im putting the cartrage from my penguin and switching with the one that has been sitting in the tank (so it kinda cleans itself) so then itll have a pretty nice supply of bacterria coming every now and then. b4 i put it back in the 10 gallon it gets a nice spray down from the hose.

i gotta go to church now ill check it again when i get home. (happy fathers day!) were surprising my dad by taking him to olive garden.

gl and hf to all you dads

oh yeah it is for the brichardi's. i didnt wait the full 5 mins cuz i gotta go buthere they are

ammonia 4.0 ppm
nitrites 2.0 ppm
nitrates 160-200 ppm.

but im sure itll get darker. im doing a water change when i get home

That method doesn't work, it takes longer than a day to get good bacteria on it. You need to put and ESTABLISHED filter pad in the new tank and leave it there. When you hose the thing down, you are likely killing or washing off what tiny ammount of good bacteria is on there anyway.

krap101 said:
ammonia 4.0 ppm
nitrites 2.0 ppm
nitrates 160-200 ppm.

I don't know how you did it, but no new tank should have anywhere above 50 nitrates, definately not before the cycle is completed. Are there fish in this tank?!

no im doing fishless. and i havent checked the stuff in like a week.

and im washing it off after i put it in the tank. may not be the best way but im cleaning off them and getting a pretty constant source of bacteria... and i usually dont change it for like 304 days. but i was set on doing it every day but i always forget 8P

okay finally my cycle is over. since i changed my 10 gallon to sand i put like 1/2 the gravel into lil salad bowls from wendys and put it in the 29 gallon and stacked 2 food trays (with gravel) in my 10 gallon. looks erally messy but i needa help cycle my 10 gallon sand :)

Back
Top Bottom