cycle update! 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
well... my nitrate kit came in today along with the python and 3 plants... the nitrate test showed about 80ppm the ammonia test is zero and the nitrite is about 2ppm.... so is this cycle going well? thanks!

You are getting there - you should see a slow reduction in the nitrite and maintain those high nitrates.

allright! cool, so after my nitrites drop to zero, my tank should be cycled, then i can do like a 25% water change? or should i do more, then i can add my fish! right...?

Do a 50% water change before you add the fish. I love this part....light at the end of the tunnel :)

i'm just new at AA and i've been reading about cycling the water. what does this mean? does it imply to any aquarium standards of some sort?

Look in the "Articles" section here at this site and read about the nitrogen cycle, which is the basis for the entire fishkeeping hobby, IMO. Once you know how that works, you are better able to keep an aquarium stable, the lack of which is something that drives so many people out of the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom