cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you fishless cycling your tank with Ammonia?

Is this test the first time you've had zero Amm and zero Nitrite?

Jon

I've had zero ammonia but never had no nitrites and yes fishless cycle

ernesto87 said:
I've had zero ammonia but never had no nitrites and yes fishless cycle

Ok so now you want to Redose Ammonia and make sure you are converting your desired ppm within 24hours.

Then if everything is zero zero with a ton of nitrates PWC as close to 100% as you can and then do the same again to get your Nitrates down under 20ppm.

Adjust your temp on your Heater to your fishes needs and wait 24hours then you can stock your tank.

Jon

jondamon said:
Ok so now you want to Redose Ammonia and make sure you are converting your desired ppm within 24hours.

Then if everything is zero zero with a ton of nitrates PWC as close to 100% as you can and then do the same again to get your Nitrates down under 20ppm.

Adjust your temp on your Heater to your fishes needs and wait 24hours then you can stock your tank.

Jon

Very well said and agreed with :)

Awesome news guys thanks a lot don't have chance to do pwc today but did re dose and my 4ppm ammonia daily has been lowered every 24 hrs to .25 first time zero thanks everyone will do water change tommorow and keep everyone updated

I'm doing a fire eel to begin with then adding some cichilids... Also dumb ? Should I keep adding ammonia till I stock it

ernesto87 said:
I'm doing a fire eel to begin with then adding some cichilids... Also dumb ? Should I keep adding ammonia till I stock it

How long until you stock it?

If its anything over 2days I would dose 2ppm each day until you stock.

Jon

Yeah I gotta go order it and by the time it get in to the LFS I figured it would have to have some

Just remember to do a few PWC the day before you stock to bring Nitrates down below 20ppm.

Jon

A peacock eel and a few cichlids would do good just make sure the cichlids and eel have plenty of hiding places!
Good luck!

Yeah I have a nice long PVC tunnel for the eel and got some nice rocks for cichlids

Ok so my tank.is running perfect got my fire eel with 4 African cichlids is that enough for my 55 or could I add a couple more cichlids

Back
Top Bottom