Cycled tank cleaning out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calypso77

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my tanks that is completely cycled I think may have a disease or something in it. What is the best way to clean this tank out but not lose the cycle on it? We really don't want to have to start the cycle all over again if we don't have to.

Thanks

It honestly depends on what you may be dealing with. If it was something simple like ich, you can run the tank empty with regular doses of ammonia and the heat cranked up for a couple of weeks and the tank would be ich-free & stayed cycled. If you had fish that died from an unknown disease, I would sterilize everything and start from scratch rather than risk losing more fish in the future.

Ok thanks. I may not need to do this now. I have had a few fish die in there of unknown issues perfectly fine and then just dead.

Now I just had a Zebra Danio that when I woke up this morning that was swimming slowly upside down and sideways and gasping upside down on the bottom of the tank. Now I just went to check on him and he is no longer gasping and swimming normal again. So weird.

Back
Top Bottom