Cycling 4 tanks at once!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieMomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think this is a dream and not a nightmare but we'll see!

At home I have an established-but-still-recovering-from-cotton-mouth 55 gal I expect to be fish-in cycling soon due to the four days of anti-bacterial medicine I've nuked it with. So that's Tank One!

My son has a 5 gal Betta/neon tank. I am cycling a new 14 gal for him to move his fishes to them I will have the 5 gal. for a QT. So that's Tank Two!

At school (I'm a teacher), I have a cycled 5 gal. Betta/neon tank also that I just moved from the office to the Nursery 3 room. (Private school ages 2 to grade 8) In its place in a 45 gal tall tank I'm hoping to put angels, Cories, and Platys or Rasboras in. That's Tank Three!

Lastly, the ever-so-important QT tank for the school is, where else, the Nurse's Office! It's another 14 Gal. from a kit bought with I bought my home QT tank this week at Petco. (good sale). So that's Tank Four!

Whew. I ordered two larger seeded tanks from AngelsPlus i expect to be delivered tomorrow. I hope I don't screw all this up!

Attachments

• image-2997860359.jpg
    image-2997860359.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 59
Oh wow you'll have your hands full lol Good luck!

For your son's tank, you don't need to cycle the 14 gal separately if you're just going to move everything to the larger tank. You can move the fish and everytyhing over and either run the 5 gal's filter on the larger tank with the new filter (assuming you got another one for the 14 gal) or put the media in the larger filter from the 5 gal and then fill the rest of the way with new media. The tank will be instantly cycled that way.

librarygirl said:
For your son's tank, you don't need to cycle the 14 gal separately if you're just going to move everything to the larger tank. You can move the fish and everytyhing over and either run the 5 gal's filter on the larger tank with the new filter (assuming you got another one for the 14 gal) or put the media in the larger filter from the 5 gal and then fill the rest of the way with new media. The tank will be instantly cycled that way.

Oops, I didn't think of that. I moved some of the filter media and decor over then started a fishless cycle by adding ammo to get to 4ppm. Sigh. We'll have to wait now.

Today I received the seeded filters from AngelsPlus as expected. So i stuffed on some of the filter media in both the 45 Tall and QT tanks at work and then again at home in my 55 and 14 QT. Patience now required.

I need to find some sort of light source for the Tall tank at work. It didn't come with one and looks a little gloomy.

Here's some pics of kids helping out!

Attachments

• image-2770248463.jpg
    image-2770248463.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image-863725499.jpg
    image-863725499.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 45
A few more pics.

Attachments

• image-438346792.jpg
    image-438346792.jpg