Cycling my 60 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg5530

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all I just started to cycle my 60 gallon tank and was going to use a filter out of my 20 gallon (I have 2 filters in my 20) what is the best way to do so or should I just leave it alone.

Hi! Just so I am clear, you have a cycled 20 with two filters running & you want to move one to the 60 to help seed it? Are you planning a fishless or fishin cycle on the 60?

Well I was told that a fish less is better to do, and yes you are correct about the filters. I have all ready dosed 60 with about 1ppm or ammonia, heater Is also running and about 4-5 gallons of water from my 20

Well I was told that a fish less is better to do, and yes you are correct about the filters. I have all ready dosed 60 with about 1ppm or ammonia, heater Is also running and about 4-5 gallons of water from my 20

Oops, I hit the "thanks" button instead of reply. :facepalm:

You can do it this way sure. How long has the second filter been running on the 20? I'd test the 20 for week or so to make sure that removing the second filter doesn't cause any toxin issues. I'd also suggest upping the dose of ammonia to 3-4. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom