Darting dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caroline79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi every one I need some help again this time with dps I have one that looks thin and darts forwards . I have only had them for one day my levels are Good and @ 0 . The other dp are eating and are ok . They are very small and were all very thin a couple of the other dp in the lfs were just siting at the bottom of the tank . Is the darting a sign of parasites ?

Thanks for the info I am going to put on it's own and get that med . They are so cute I can see they have different spots having fun telling them apart !

Got meafix yesterday to treat internal parasites . The instructions say to Dose the tank for 1week for white spot will this a be enough to treat IP ?

Terrance said:
You need prazipro or jungle internal parasite meds.

Hi terrance . On the dwarf puffer. Com site it says that this treats IP ? But on bottle it says EP. I have looked for all three meds but could only get the others online and I did not want to wait any longer. Do u think I should order it anyway?

If its EP, then its EP (external parasite). All the bad stuff is happening internally though. If you see no exterior signs of disease, then no need to use the meafix.

Order it anyways. When I had my DP, she lived a few weeks without being treated because she wouldn't eat medicated food. It took a few starving days with garlic.

These parasites are given me a head ache ! I have been googlen all day and night !! I think my lfs has seachem guard (although it's not that metronidazole stuff) or interpet anti para no 9 ? If u think the dp will be ok till I order it online and is prizpro the best? That goes in food or tank? Sorry for all the Q 

These IP meds are better if digested with food. Prazipro is what I have in my area. I know in the UK, Jungle is more popular. I never heard of seachem guard before. You can try the seachem stuff though. The faster you can get your DP to eat medicated food, the better off you will be. If all else fails, then medicate the water and follow instructions on the bottle.

Thank u I'll get something 2day . Hos fat little tum has gone, worms are starving him! I am going to send these little demons back to wens they came lol . Its war!! Good night .

Can't get prazipro or any of those other ones, but have come across kusuri wormer plus. It's says safe for puffers its made from fubendazole . Going to order 2 day . Hope little guy holds on long enough.

Puffer is on the mend ! I would recommend kusuri wormer to anyone with IP . Thanks for all the onfo

Back
Top Bottom