Dead!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryner

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I just wanted some friendly advice. I have a 55g tank that had 6 cichlids in it. They've been in there for about 3-6 weeks and about two days ago they ALL died. I tested my water and the ph is fine. I have goldfish in there now to try and help "fully" cycle it but Idk what to do. Any ideas?

Your tank is not properly cycled. You need to check your ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. You're in a fish in cycle so look it up and be ready to do water changes

If you had them in for a few weeks the cycle must be well under way, must have been an ammonia, nitrite or nitrate spike that killed them, or a combination of all. If your going to keep cichlids you really need a water test kit as they require pretty good water and are never good to do a fish in cycle with. I would test regularly and wait till fully cycled before restocking with cichlids. Tons of articles around on fishless or fish in cycles to read, easy enough to do as long as you test regularly and carry out the required water changes.

Ok thank you that really helps!

Back
Top Bottom