decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davy_Jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
b3c8_1.JPG

e203_1.JPG

Out of these which look better?

Hmmm, they are both SW themes.....I like them both!

I kinda back off from the neon theme, but Im trying to peice together a set up for my 30gallon. I will have a shipwreck but Im have time with If I want to put one or two wrecks?

I like this thread.

I have a bunch of decoration questions about my tank, but I never knew where to post them. I guess once I get my new camera within the next day or two, I'll either have to make my own decoration thread, or piggyback on this one.

Maybe this deserves a subforum.

You are free to use this thread, that way we can both share our ideas.

I may use both.
I was wondering, Should I have 2 ships in my tank?
Would it look ok?

I think whether or not two ships would look good largely depends on what ships they are.

Heck, it might even be a cool theme tank to have a graveyard of sorts, with a few sunken ship decorations, and put some plants all around them, maybe even some coming from inside.

I don't know, I'm new to decorating and stuff, just sort of spitballing.

Well, I thank you for that. I was thinking of it and Im going to go for it. It will have two or 3 wrecks in it. And This pic should explain the cause of sinking....
b3_1_b.JPG

THE KRAKEN...
yhst-21557175635113_1899_122355958

Ah, nice. I really like that octopus ornament. It looks really good.

I'm anxious to see your tank after it's finished.

aa

Some may call it guady. Some may call it tacky. I call it ...... pretty neat, if you stick to it with the whole tank. But then I had a 6 foot inflated, lit, penguin holding a candy cane up last week, soooooo......

Don't know if you have thought of fish stocking yet, but a group of 6 kuhli loaches (they seem to do much better in groups) might look really cool sliding in & out of the decor.

And we want pics!!!

I like the ides of khuli loaches oozing out of the decor. I like the crab decor in the first one, but not the second one with the fish. I think the fake saltwater fish depictions are really kinda corny. I really like the barrel. The frogs don't go with the saltwater theme. This tank sure will be something. I've got nothing but barebottoms with a few limestone slates and the occasional plastic plant. No gravel or anything. I couldn't imagine keeping up with a fancy display tank right now.

a

Definately gaudy. My ancestors were kicked out of, er left France long ago. We typically have excellent taste, but can't spell fer beans.

Well, I think your tank will be unique and different. I prefer the different ideas. I am glad you have not been talked out of the bright colors.
I do agree about the frog. Might be a tad out of place. Two ships would be good. I've seen models that have just the front half or back half...very kewl!

As far a spelling for beans, I've yet to have one ask me...*forum high-five*

Back
Top Bottom