Decor advice please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When my 90g is done cycling (soon) I plan on putting in 3 pictus cats, school of MB Rainbows and some gourami. Here's a pic of my tank because I don't know if I need more plants? I'd like to get it all 100% before fish go in. Ideas?

Attachments

• image-343520733.jpg
    image-343520733.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3617632819.jpg
    image-3617632819.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 51
I would get a couple Java Ferns and 1-2 portions of Java Moss. Also look into floating plants. Gouramis like them, it makes them feel secure. Just remember to not completely cover the surface, of course, because gouramis are labyrinth fish.

Edit: just so you know, I think it is important to put the Java ferns near the sides of the tank. Pictus catfish require lots of open space, but also need hidy holes.

I'd suggest, maybe putting an hollow log like ornament in there, or something cave like, that would make it look even snazzier :) Some Java ferns, like bud said and looks pretty good so far!

I have 2 PVC caves I made with matching substrate for the pictus. I want some driftwood later but for now I'll get a few more plants. Should I put them where my other plants are and leave the middle more open and dense on the sides?

Back
Top Bottom