Deformed or misidentified?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jynxandco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so this is a bit of an odd question but please do bear with me.
I recently bought my first tank from a classified ad site, and inherited with it 5 fish. I've managed to identify 4 of the 5, however I'm having a little trouble with the last one. From my research I think little Reggie here might be a female Black Phantom Tetra (so maybe Regina is a more appropriate name hahaha). However as you can see, her body shape is far from standard. She is otherwise healthy seeming, active, alert and with a normal appetite (as far as I can tell). Could it just be that she is deformed, or have I misjudged her species?

Attachments

• 20160715_000919-1.jpg
    20160715_000919-1.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20160715_000942-1.jpg
    20160715_000942-1.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 87
Having another look at her, the growth is high, maybe she's just got a bit of a tumor growth or like you say a slight shape deformity?

Having another look at her, the growth is high, maybe she's just got a bit of a tumor growth or like you say a slight shape deformity?
Sorry I didn't see this, it looks to me like a deformity, behind the dorsal fin the back just drops suddenly. That's what I think anyway.

Back
Top Bottom