Do a need a tank cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatieAliceF

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The used tank I was given did not come with one. I plan on getting AngelFish and am on a tight budget :) If I really need one then how much would one be used?

if you are only keeping angels you wont need one. if you are planning on adding small minnows you might the cost depends on the size of your tank and what you use. on one of my tanks i cut a piece of plexiglass so it was pretty cheap

if you are only keeping angels you wont need one. if you are planning on adding small minnows you might the cost depends on the size of your tank and what you use. on one of my tanks i cut a piece of plexiglass so it was pretty cheap

I was thinking of adding some corydoras but they wouldn't jump since they are bottom-dwellers, right?

& You can just put the plexiglass over the top? I think I might just do that haha

as long as you aren't setting a hot light directly on it you can use plexiglass. yeah im pretty sure cories cant jump out I've seen mine dart at the surface but they dont make it over the water

I Don't use a cover on any of my tanks except for my cichlid tank. Some fish are notorious jumpers but it should be dutifully noted on any decent site that has information on those fish.

The only reason I use a hood on my cichlid tank is because my light needs one and my cichlids occasionally bounce off of the lid during feeding time :)

I Don't use a cover on any of my tanks except for my cichlid tank. Some fish are notorious jumpers but it should be dutifully noted on any decent site that has information on those fish.

The only reason I use a hood on my cichlid tank is because my light needs one and my cichlids occasionally bounce off of the lid during feeding time :)

I haven't read many warnings for Angel Fish so far I think I might be good haha!

& They get that excited? Haha wow I'm so excited to get fish

You can get eggcrate for cheap from home depot and use that or go to a local glass shop and see if they have some scraps or as forementioned plexiglass or acrylic. You can find versatile. I've had bad luck with the aqueon brand and would reccomend the deep blue brand if you go that route.

You can get eggcrate for cheap from home depot and use that or go to a local glass shop and see if they have some scraps or as forementioned plexiglass or acrylic. You can find versatile. I've had bad luck with the aqueon brand and would reccomend the deep blue brand if you go that route.

I'm definitely using an egg crate or plexiglass! Thanks, now I don't have to buy a 70$ hood :D

You beat me to the egg crate.

Back
Top Bottom