Double 115g thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That might be a problem, but I think I have an idea on how to fix it. But that tank won't be going until after the wedding.

In the mean time, I'm playing through stocking options for that tank (thinking white clouds, hillstreams and pygmys, but need something else) and working on finishing the set ups on these 115s.

115 tetra/angel fish tank

So we just finished setting up the second 115.

We started with moving all the tenants out of the 55g into a plastic tub with filter and heater. We already had 50 lbs of new gravel in the 115 that has been cycling for about 2 weeks, then added another 55 lbs of already cycled gravel from our 55g. Added the plants, logs and river rocks from the 55 (yep, that's BBA algae on everything and I like it, so deal) Also moved over one of the fluval 405s from our 120 and the HOB from our 55. Will be ordering more plants at some point. Going with jungle val to fill in the back and give some height and dwarf sag to finish the front.

Attachments

• 115tetra.JPG
    115tetra.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 115tetra1.JPG
    115tetra1.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 53
  • twins.JPG
    twins.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 52
Is the second 1 gonna be a planted? As for the river tank (I know cause i am a big fan of oddball tanks especially river tanks) i have a idea for a cool fish. Halfbeaks are really cool. And that would give u fish to swim at the bottom, top, and middle. You can find really pretty ones. They like current and thay have some of the largest fry in the fish world (comparing fry to adult body size). I looked into them because they are 1 i could breed in the same tank as hillstreams as the live in 2 diffrent worlds in the tank.

Is the second 1 gonna be a planted? As for the river tank (I know cause i am a big fan of oddball tanks especially river tanks) i have a idea for a cool fish. Halfbeaks are really cool. And that would give u fish to swim at the bottom, top, and middle. You can find really pretty ones. They like current and thay have some of the largest fry in the fish world (comparing fry to adult body size). I looked into them because they are 1 i could breed in the same tank as hillstreams as the live in 2 diffrent worlds in the tank.

Hmm halfbeaks could be a thought, they are kinda cool looking. Finding them around here might be a problem though. When the time comes I'll research them more and go from there.

one week later

Here's a few updated shots, a week after set up. The BBA is disappearing. Must be my use of Excel and better lighting than what we had on the 55.

Attachments

• IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1734.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1735.JPG
    IMG_1735.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 45
I love large schools of tetras :)

Did you say hillstreams are going in this tank? I think they'll be really cool, but I never had luck with them.

I love large schools of tetras :)

Did you say hillstreams are going in this tank? I think they'll be really cool, but I never had luck with them.

The hillstreams will be going in a 55g river tank that I'll be working on this fall.

I just got 25 more neons put into QT to go in this tank once I know they're healthy. That will make 85 neons :)

I agree those tetras look amazing. They're cardinals right?

Thanks, but nope, just plain ole neons. I feed them frozen spriulina enhanced brine shrimp, frozen glass worms, frozen blood worms, freeze dried (but soaked in a cup of tank water) daphnia, freeze dried krill and some flake foods.

Back
Top Bottom