Dwarf Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rosebudshoes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello
I just bought some dwarf Gouramis yesterday and although I was assured i had been given 2 females and 1 male, after doing some more research I have a feeling I have 2 males and 1 female. I I have attached 3 photos (sorry they're not great quality. The first is definitely a striped male, the second was sold to me as a female but is a bright red plain colour and the third is definitely a female. I have heard of people talking about having bright females but was just wondering if I'd been sold the right thing? There is no aggression between the red and stripy red ones [httpsATTACH]235067[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398582708.718988.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398582932.678122.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398582620.272472.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398582620.272472.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 90
I can't see real good, but on gouramis, The dorsal fin of the female is short and rounded, whereas on the it is a longer dorsal that comes to a point.

Thanks for that. Fairly sure after a bit if studying them that I got 2 males but since then the striped one developed clear /whitish patches all over it and went very dark round it's chin/chest area so had to humanely get rid

Back
Top Bottom