Dwarf Puffers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaeroo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright guys I have a question about the diet of Dwarf Puffers. I know they are supposed to get a variety of live or frozen foods. I was planning to grow a grindal worm culture as opposed to white worms (because they are smaller? And I have had trouble in the past with their food being too large to eat. I also have no idea which one is more nutritious. If anyone knows please tell me!) and I will try and get some pond snails from my lfs and put them in a separate tank so they will breed (hopefully). I plan to feed the grindals dog or cat food and the snails whatever they need to thrive

My question is, would grindal worms and pond snails alone be sufficient food for the little puffs? Or are blackworms and blood worms also essential to keep these guys healthy? I have frozen blood worms but they are huge and I don't think I would be able to feed them any until they are adults.

Thanks for reading!:D

My fiancé feeds his blood worms, and spreads the cube between a couple tanks so they don't go to waste. ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I use pond snails and frozen blood worms.
I almost exclusively use the bloodworms now tho since they pretty much decimated the snails. When it comes to snails they will pretty much eat non stop.
I want to get live black worms to try as a treat but honestly am afraid then they won't eat the blood worms frozen anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom