Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Eheim Ecco 2236 is gurgling

My tank is about 5 months old. It is all angels and has tested perfectly so that is good. I changed the white pad in the filter today and about half of the balls. Now the filter has a gurgling noise. Any advice.

P.S. I also discovered today that I had been running the intake and outtake backwards this entire time. I lost 5 fish to the intake. I kept calling people and no one could figure it out. The tank was clear and tested perfectly so that part did not seem to make a difference.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Is there something obstructing the impeller?

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I haven't had the courage to take it apart. The Eheim instructions are difficult at best. It is pumping water... it was bordering on silent before the change, now it is a slight gurgle/hum. (I am one of those people who hates droning noise.) Should I take it apart? The impeller is the top of pump.. correct?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
I would take it apart and make sure the impeller isn't being obstructed by something. Take the impeller out and see if it spins freely too.

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

if you get air in it sometimes it will make this noise you can try to kind of shake it side to side a little and see if air comes out the output if it does it could just be air bubbles in there and by shaking it like this they will go out. I have an older 2217 and this is what i have to do. good luck
Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rena's are color coded so you cant mix up the intake and return. I have heard the instructions for the eheims were hard to interpret.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eheim, eheim ecco, gurgling, noise

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com